Tour Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tour Talk

A Forum for the Tidewater Golfweek Amateur Tour Members.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rule 16-1d Testing Surface

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
snuffyword

Rule 16-1d  Testing Surface Empty
PostSubject: Rule 16-1d Testing Surface   Rule 16-1d  Testing Surface Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2011, 1:00 pm

Hello Everyone,

While reviewing certain rules, I came across Rule 16-1d and wondered if I had been violating this rule. As part of my putting routine (habit), after I line up the ball, I would brush my fingers on the putting surface to the side of the ball. I do this to wipe my fingers of debris or sweat before I pick up my ball marker. If this action is deemed illegal, I will definitely make a conscious effort to stop doing this and change my routine. Thanks in advance.

Pat Smith
Back to top Go down
JimG

Rule 16-1d  Testing Surface Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rule 16-1d Testing Surface   Rule 16-1d  Testing Surface Icon_minitimeWed 07 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

While your intent is to clean your hand, the action could arguably be construed as "testing the putting surface", because whether you intend to do so or not, you are learning a bit about the length of grass on the green, the grain, and the amount of moisture on the green. I would say it is a bad habit that leaves a player open to criticism and perceptions that you wouldn't want. I would stop that and use a towel or a pant leg.

Jim Gallagher
Back to top Go down

Rule 16-1d Testing Surface
Page 1 of 1